☆∞Bellas☮ ♥Shelf∞☆'s Reviews > The Prey

The Prey by Andrew Fukuda

Feb 04, 13

bookshelves: vampyre, 2013-review, drama, dystopian-utopian, scary
Read in February, 2013

“The Prey” didn’t waste anytime in picking up where “The Hunt” left off. The first quarter of the book was a bit slow moving. I understood that the new story was being built up for us as the old was drifting away. I loved the world Fukuda built in “The Hunt” and was expecting no less in book 2. He managed to work all of the new supporting characters into the story without any awkwardness.

STAY ON THE RIVER- The Scientist

As the crew catch their breath from a narrow and harrowing escape, they begin to make their way to the “Land of Milk and Honey”. They encounter another group of humans hidden away in the mountains. Ruled by a group of older men AKA: “Elders” it soon becomes obvious these men have less than honorable intentions. From the absence of boys and men,the mystery train, the pregnant girls with “lotus feet”, their controlling and cruel ways, and the overall creepy vibe felt through the pages, Gene and Sissy realize they must leave. Sooner than later. These “Elders” have placed everyone at risk with their arrogance and cruelness.

DON’T LET GENE DIE

Gene is a character that has had a lot heaped on him. All he had to do was survive from day to day acting as if a Dusker. Now he literally has the fate of the world dumped on his shoulders. He is not a larger than life, super hero, type character. In fact he has not made a lot of fans with his actions. After a bit of bumbling about Gene begins to gain his strength and courage right at the end of “The Prey”. I believe he will be a formidable force in the war for humanity as the series progresses.

You’re looking but not seeing. Sometimes the answer is right under your nose

I have to say “The Prey” was a good follow up. Once the story took off I was instantly transported back to that magikal place “The Hunt” took me. For fans of “The Hunt” this sophomore novel will not let you down. It will leave you on edge, fearful, sad,curious, and a bit mad. The end is pretty brilliant. As far as cliff hangers go.

Thank you St Martins for the review opportunity.
Check this out on Bella's Bookshelf

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Prey.