Maggie's Reviews > From Dead to Worse

From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris

Jan 07, 2009

bookshelves: read-2009, paranormal-fantasy, own
Read in January, 2009

Oh, Sookie! What's not to love. I was ecstatic when this came in the mail yesterday. I had almost forgotten that I had bought it!

I love that all the Sookie Stackhouse novels are like several stories within one novel. I know some people may feel like it makes the books seem like short stories, but I know, when one mystery get's all wrapped up in it's little complete package, and I have a coupla hundred pages left, I'm a happy girl!

Sookie is still recovering from the vampire summit and looking forward to spending some quiet time at home. But, naturally, her BF Quinn has gone missing. I can't say I mind, because I'm totally rooting for Eric! Sookie finds out about a little more about her "gift" and her heritage, and things are really changing in Vampire Louisiana.

This book was WAY better then the last few for me. I hadn't realized that I wasn't all that excited about the last two or so that I've read, until I finished this one. I thought it was one of the funniest in the series. "I threw a Nora Roberts hardback at him!" get OUT, that's hilarious (in context), and we get a nice little cliff hanger at the end that will keep me wondering until I can get my grubby little paws on the next one!! Who could ask for anything more!?

Oh, PS-I's SO over Vampire Bill!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read From Dead to Worse.