Maryellen's Reviews > The Memory Thief

The Memory Thief by Emily Colin

Aug 30, 12

Read from August 26 to 29, 2012

A captivating debut novel from an author that has an amazing career ahead of her. Congratulations Ms. Colin~~you've got a winner with THE MEMORY THIEF. There's this song that I remember and some of the words are, "Love travels the miles/Upon the wings of angels/Love finds you/I swear it's true/I can love you from here/And I will always be near". I just kept thinking of that song when I was reading this fantastic novel. Aiden and Maddie fall in love. Aiden lives a life filled with the risks of being an adventurer. Aiden promises to come back. And he does. What happens in between is the stuff that great stories are made of. Heated romance, a love lost, a love gained, memories made and memories lost. This book will stay in your memory for a long, long time.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Memory Thief.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Colin Hope you're enjoying it, Maryellen! The launch party was last night, and it was so much fun. You were there in spirit. :)

Maryellen I was hoping you'd see this Emily! You had me from page 1. Seriously~~from PAGE 1! I wish I could have been at the launch party. You MUST come to the Pittsburgh area! So excited for you!

message 3: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Colin Hi there, Maryellen! I don't know how I missed that you're in Pittsburgh...my mom went to Pitt. Anyway, I am so glad you are enjoying the book--I so hoped you would, after all of the energy you invested in spreading the word! Would love to come up for a reading--but if we can't make that happen, maybe we can put together a Skype reading. We can be creative about this!

Hope you are having a great weekend,
Emily

Maryellen Oh my word! Your Mom went to Pitt! I'm about 50 miles south of Pittsburgh. Really! We can most definitely be creative! Skype might be a bit advanced for the book club but we can do something a bit different with Q & A's in the club. We'll work on this! And ummmmm, get to Pittsburgh please! :)

message 5: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Colin Q&As sound great, Maryellen...maybe they could send me questions, and I could write answers to the first twenty questions I receive--we could call it 'Twenty Questions with Emily' or something similarly catchy. Okay, maybe that's not so catchy, but it is early and I am still on my first cup of coffee.

Just something to think about...

Maryellen I'm done with the entire pot of coffee and I'm still iffy for the morning! Okay~~going to come up with something and we'll work out a schedule. I'll message you! Thanks for being so darn awesome Emily! And enjoy the coffee please!

message 7: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Colin Wow, a whole pot of coffee. Go forth and conquer the world. And yes, let's chat soon. Am in Norway all week next week but will have Internet access off and on...so message away and I will respond as service permits. :) Happy Sunday--Emily

Maryellen Consider the world conquered! Or at least my living room portion of it! :) Happy Norway'ing! Please post pics on Facebook!

message 9: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Colin For sure.

message 10: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Colin Thanks for the great review, Mary Ellen! I tried to post pics on FB but realized that I'd forgotten to bring the phone charger that also doubles as a USB cord...and it costs way too much for me to upload images from my phone over here. So, when I get home I will have to make a FB album...it is beautiful, for sure.

Hope all is well with you--and thanks again for posting the review! Home tomorrow--hooray.

Maryellen Oh my goodness I'm sure posting a photo album from your phone would've cost just a fortune. A FORTUNE! I'll be looking for those gorgeous pictures later this week when you've had a chance to recover from your trip abroad. Safe travels please!