Kristina (Gone Pecan)'s Reviews > Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality

Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg

Mar 12, 13

bookshelves: netgalley, reviewed
Read from February 19 to March 05, 2013

Our review can also be found here:

Source: egalley via Scholastic/Netgalley

Bonus: 2013 YA Contemporary Challenge

Story Breakdown:

Lexi has always been the girl in the background. The sister who helps out for her little sister’s pageants but doesn’t get much attention for herself. After encouraging her friend to pursue the guy he is interested in they make a pack to both step up and make an effort to go after what they want.

Character Highlights:

Lexi – I loved her like you all should too. One of the most relatable characters for me in a long time. I truly enjoyed reading about her and her relationship with her friends.

Mackenzie – Bring in the pageant drama! I’m not a fan of the pageant circuit but to each his own. To start I didn’t care for her but its hard to hate a 7-year-old. There are so many things wrong in this family it breaks your heart at times that parents can be so blind.

Logan - The crush!! I know the book is more about Lexi and her family issues but I would have liked to see more detail about Logan or for that matter more. . .

Taylor – YES! I said it! I wish there would have been more on the relationship side therefore going against all my past comments about love triangles.

Overall Thoughts:

I think this is one of those books you need to read when you are a bit down on yourself (which happens to the best of us) and need a bit of a confidence boost. The overall message behind Revenge is that you need to love yourself and be confident that you can be who you want to be and get what you want if you are willing to work for it. Who can’t get behind that? The only slight negative issue I have with this book is though is was adorable like all of Ms Eulberg’s previous books I found myself wishing for a bit more on the ending. With that being said, it was a great read and will be a definite addition to the book shelf!

4/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality.