Eric Dunn's Reviews > Dark Matter Heart

Dark Matter Heart by Nathan Wrann

Aug 08, 12

Read in August, 2012

To be honest, I was not in love with this book when I started it. I thought it had some Twilight type undertones to it. I also thought that it moved along way too quickly and I wasn't sure how there was going to be any good closure to the story. This just goes to show that you can't judge a book until you are done with it. By the time I was through with this book I was loving every minute of it. I understood why the plot was moving along so quickly and Nathan did a fantastic job of wrapping it up at the end of book one.

I usually like more character development in my books. As I have said on here before, there is a fine line between not enough character development and too much character development. But, as I neared the end of the book it dawned on me that Nathan was keeping the characters somewhat mysterious and enigmatic on purpose. So, I would have to say that the characters are right on par with the mood of the story.

The plot was well done, even though I thought it moved too quickly in some parts (I think the whole book takes place in the span of less than one week...). I'm excited to see how the characters that came to light in the end of book one play into the plot of the following books.

If you are a fan of vampires, thrillers, and ya novels then I would recommend this read to you. It goes by very quickly. You could easily sit down in a day and read this book. I can't wait the start the next book in this series.

Overall Rating: 4/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Matter Heart.