Per Gunnar's Reviews > Midshipman Henry Gallant in Space

Midshipman Henry Gallant in Space by H. Peter Alesso

Aug 09, 12

bookshelves: military, science-fiction
Read from August 08 to 09, 2012

This book is a quite okay, light, short story. Unfortunately that’s with emphasis on short. It’s only about 150 pages. It seems like the author wanted to get it rushed out the door to make some money before he completed the story because it kind of stops in the middle like an episode in a TV-show which is a bit of a shame. It would have been much more enjoyable if he would have spent the time to continue it to a more logical finish.

It’s a simple enough plot and it’s not very elaborately told which was what I was feeling like reading for when I picked it. Spaceships pounding each other is right up my alley. It’s perhaps a bit different from other, similar, novels in that the humans are still confined in the solar system and that they are fighting an enemy which control the outer planets. No one knows if they originated there or, if not, when they came and from where.

Unfortunately the kindle formatting is a bit annoying with huge spaces between very short paragraphs. I really hate it when they do that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midshipman Henry Gallant in Space.