Christie Rich's Reviews > Blood Debt

Blood Debt by Nancy Straight

Aug 09, 12

bookshelves: favorite-titles, new-adult-title, rocking-original
Read from August 08 to 09, 2012

I have to admit when I first read the blurb, I went, huh? Centaurs? I'm coming clean here. The word "herd" made me flinch everytime I read it, but I LOVED THIS BOOK so much it didn't matter.

I don't know why but every time I think of herd, things like elephants and sheep come to mind, not HAWT TO THE CORE MEN THAT MAKE ME SWOON, LOL.

On the latter, this book was filled with HAWT men. The amazing part was there wasn't a bad boy among them. Imagine a world full of beautiful men that all want you, that all hope to entice you into picking them. That's all the spoilers you're gonna get out of me. Oh, and if you HATE love triangles, good thing Blood Debt doesn't have any of that.

What it does have is MAGIC! This book rocks my socks in so many ways. I've never seen anything book other than Harry Potter with Centaurs and this is nothing like that Wizarding World.

The mythology is fresh and the storyline refreshing. I actually got so into this book I considered taking a day off work to finish it =0D

It was painful for me to get to 85% finished and then have to stop. I picked up where I left off on my way home (Can I just say, I love kindle's text to speech option?). Anyway, I had to get some groceries, so I was still listening to the computerated voice read the narrative whn, suddenly, I was like, what? That can't be right. No. NOOOOOO.

I think I may have actually stomped my foot with that last declaration that the world was sooo not right. I took a deep breath and said...there is no way Ms. Straight would do this to me...and kept listening. To my delight things worked out, and, like I said, I'm in love with this story!!!! My Happy Little Reading Cloud still hasn't let me down yet.

So if you are still reading this review, YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS BOOK!!! So worth it, and I'm salivating for the sequel.

I really enjoyed Ms. Straight's Meeting Destiny, so I'm going to have to settle for catching up on the Destiny Series until Blood Ties comes out, but I'm telling you it's hard to wait for this one.

Happy Reading Everyone!

~Christie

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Debt.

08/08/2012