Deirdre's Reviews > Dragonfly

Dragonfly by Julia Golding

Jun 29, 09

bookshelves: fromlibrary, fantasy, romance, ya
Read in June, 2009

While there were parts of this story that didn't quite work for me this story of a girl who is chosen as her island's representative, or princess, who is just getting used to the formal way of living her life in the matriarchial Crescent Islands when she is offered as a bride to Prince Ramil ac Burinholt to unite their lands.

Ramil is less than enthuastic and it shows and she lacks enthuasim for the task at hand as well, so when they both disappear, while he's teaching her to ride the accusations fly. However they've been captured by Fergox, a dangerous fanatic who wants to crush the world beneath the heel of both himself and his bloodthirsty god.

There are times when the story falters but overall this is quite a satisfying read. The two main characters do grow and change over the story and I liked the way they questioned each other and themselves about what was going on and helped and hindered each other due to miscommunication and the like.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragonfly.

message 1: by Hallie (new)

Hallie Thanks for the rec! I didn't much like THE DIAMOND OF DRURY LANE, but this sounds good.