Sydney Owen's Reviews > In My Dreams

In My Dreams by Cameo Renae

Aug 17, 12

bookshelves: 4-stars, self-pub, awesomesauce-books

Officially 4.5 stars~

Ha! Only in the Philippines do we smile and laugh while wading through a 6ft flood. The kids here are having a field day. "Floods causing chaos in Manila"? Pssh. You are such a liar, CNN. If anything, the chaos is in the low-lying provinces. Continuing on...

I am a very sensitive person, to be honest. Strangely enough, only once in a blue moon has a book made me cry--much less the first chapter. This is one of them. I'm not much of a fan of the paranormal romance anymore but In My Dreams will be counted among the ranks of my favorites.

Cameo Renae has somehow made an unoriginal plot worthwhile. There was an air of mystery, coupled with great descriptions, that made the perfect atmosphere for In My Dreams.
Normal people would have run, but I’d never been so scared in my life. I was one of those irritating people that froze - like in the movies. The ones I yelled at, frustratingly. They could have run and got away but froze instead, and I didn’t care if they were caught or killed because they were so stupid!
There was no way I could hate Lizzy or any other of the supporting characters (except the villain, of course). My heart broke for her. I couldn't help but root for Lizzy to stay strong. Her romance with Michael was sweet and, although cheesy, still managed to get me invested in their relationship.

I cried with every precious moment with Michael and shivered with fear when we finally met our bad guy. There was never a book before this that managed to evoke so many emotions in each chapter. But I spent most of the time just sobbing.

Points taken away because of repetitive sentences, errors, and ideas that could have been greatly expanded into something deeper. Either way, In My Dreams is a read that I will never forget and always love.

This review also appears on the Inquisitive Kittens.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In My Dreams.