Shannon's Reviews > Surrender to Me

Surrender to Me by Shayla Black

Aug 18, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read in August, 2012

More like a 3.75 but I really did enjoy this book even tho everything about Hunter was just way too much. He is an intense man and has been referred to in other books as a 'mean motherfucker'. He really never gives Kata a chance to breath. Granted their time together was short and Hunter knew that, but would he really have behaved differently towards her if he had unlimited time?

Poor Kata is wound so tight she can't let go. A part of her might want to be the woman Hunter knows she is, but she's terrified of the depth of her feelings for him. I really liked her and thought SB did a great job with her. She tried multiple times to get Hunter to listen, really listen to her. I thought she communicated or tried to, very well. That is one of the great thing about SB's heroines, they are not afraid to stand up for themselves. But he was so blinded by the fact that he must possess her and only her that he didn't listen.

Hunter did get some good advice from his sister and his dad and I was glad to see some of my fave characters from the series in this book. I would have loved a convo between Kata and Morgan Cole. I think that would have helped Kata immensely.

As usual SB kept me on the edge of my seat throughout cause I really wanted to know who was after Kata (oh did I mention there was a hired killer after her) and how would these two crazy kids make this relationship work. I think if she added about 100 more pages and had him listen to her sooner, I would have liked the ending better. I'm hoping to see more of them in Logan's book because at the end of this one, their story is really only just beginning.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surrender to Me.