Dreams's Reviews > Because I Could Not Resist

Because I Could Not Resist by Beth Kery

Aug 08, 12

bookshelves: books-i-own-read, 3-4-star-reads

I feel like I'm backpedaling here to a point....with the first installment of this series I really felt like this book had a lot of promise, possibly four-five star potential in the end.

Now, after reading the second part, I'm kind of blase´ about the whole thing. I suppose, part of my problem is the fact that, this book is in parts. The only other book I've read that was in parts like this was, "Safe With Me" by Shaina Richmond; which I liked very much. I read that book only after each "part" had been compiled into one novel and that novel was 900 pages long. So, reading a book like "Because you are mine", basically two chapters at a time, is something "new" for me.

I've read about two other novels in between the first part of this book and now the second so, when I started this book and it jumped right back into where the first part left off, I was like, "Ok...and where exactly are we again and what is going on?"

The breaking up of this book is creating a disconnect between myself in the characters that I'm not caring for. That and, I feel like Ian and Francesca's relationship progression is being rushed and because of that, it doesn't feel honest.

I think, this book will be best read when it's all been released and you can read one part right after the next...and depending on how and where the story goes from here, I can't say yet whether I'd recommend you read this or not.

So, for those who have not purchased this book yet, I'd suggest you wait and either purchase all the parts at once or wait until the author compiles all the parts into one book before reading it. As it is, I feel like the story is loosing something being dissected like this...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Because I Could Not Resist.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Crystal Spears Hmmmm , debating now.