Camille's Reviews > The Ghost on My Couch

The Ghost on My Couch by L.A. Gilbert

Aug 07, 12

bookshelves: m-m-rom-erotica, paranormal-romance

A diverting read that's cute and wraps up neatly. It possesses an adequate amount of tension without being angsty and uncomfortable. It's sweet but not so saccharine that it doesn't contain enough realism to elicit deeper thought and to grant some insight into the formation of relationships...how we choose, who we choose, how we love, and best of all: an examination of true intimacy.

Alex always selected men based upon their physical beauty and, in so doing, found himself in 'relationships' where he was treated poorly and allowed himself to be used and taken for granted. It is only when he is forced into a situation where someone pushes past the panels erected against the outside world -- literally turning up in his apartment, his private space, which becomes their private space -- that Alex experiences love. A lovely allegory. I could take the allegory further in terms of spirit seeking out its mate etc but for readers who think in a similar vein this will be obvious.

My one contention is the choice Alex makes at the end. I'd have preferred disclosure. Nonetheless, to each his own.

Gilbert is a great addition to my British authors list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ghost on My Couch.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Heather K (dentist in my spare time) I agree about the ending.

Camille I've seen others say about the same in their reviews. That was an odd choice.