Jennifer Rayment's Reviews > The Kill Order

The Kill Order by James Dashner

Aug 14, 2012

Read in August, 2012

The Good Stuff

fast paced non stop action - you are constantly on the edge of your seat
Intriguing male protagonist
Nice dark humour
Love the relationship between Mark and Alec - most of the best scenes involved the two of them
Will break your heart at times
adore Dashner's writing style, he is one of those gifted storytellers whom I admire
Good tie in to the Maze Runner series, really gives a good back-story to the series
I know its not really important - but I love the cover!
Very much highlights the willpower that humans have to live no matter what
I dare you not to fall in love with Alec
Fabulous ending if there is going to be another prequel - and if there isn't Mr Dashner I just may have to slap you (BTW you were totally adorable at BEA and I have a mad geek crush on you now)

The Not So Good Stuff

intense and hard to read at times - so much death and mentions young children - I am such a pansy but any mentions of death or abuse of children sickens me and had to put book down for a while
Could have used a wee bit more character development
not a lot of hope in this one my friends - not a bad thing, but its something I prefer

Favorite Quotes/Passage

``The girl loved to read like no one else, and she was making up for the months they spent literally running for their lives. when books were few and far behind. The digital kind were all long gone, as far as Mark could guess - wiped away when the computers and servers all fried. Trina read the old-school paper kind.

Òh, I`m good. Seriously, after all these years, you`d think I would stop amazing myself. But here I am, still doing it.``

``Crazy buggers is right - I was hoping they`d all die in the fire.`Mark said it before realizing how terrible it sounded. But the side of him that wanted to survive at all costs - that had become ruthless over the last year - knew it was the truth.``

Who Should/Shouldn't Read

Obviously fans of the Maze Runner series will lap it up
Those who haven`t read this will be intrigued enough to read the rest of the series
Good for reluctant YA readers
If you like dystopian or post apocalyptic fiction, pretty sure you will like this

4.25 Dewey's

I received this from Random House in exchange for an honest review
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Kill Order.

08/09/2012 page 275