Jalyn's Reviews > Girl of Nightmares

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake

Aug 12, 12

bookshelves: 4-star, paranormal, scary-stuff, ya, reviewed, ghosts
Read from August 07 to 08, 2012 — I own a copy

When you read a book as good as Anna Dressed in Blood there's always the fear that the sequel won't hold up to your expectations. That is not the case with Girl of Nightmares. I was highly satisfied with the way this book played out.

Girl of Nightmares picks up six months after Anna disappeared with the Obeahman. Cas starts seeing Anna in lots of different places and in strange ways so his determination to find her becomes even stronger. With the help of Thomas, Carmel, a few other friends and a confusing photo, he finds "the Order," a group he hopes can help him free Anna.

There are so many things right with this book. The story was well thought out and ran smoothly. The book made me feel so many emotions because I felt so connected to the characters. I got a good chuckle, I was afraid (do not read at night!) and I felt sad. And the ending was perfect!!

I have a few problems with the book, but they're pretty small. While there are plenty of ghosts, I would've liked to see one or two more ghosts hunts somewhere in the middle of the book. And as much as I love the way the book ended, I'm bummed out that this looks like it's the end of the Anna books. It would've been nice if another book could've been squeezed in between book 1 and book 2, but then again, when you love a series, you never want it to end :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl of Nightmares.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annie (new) - added it

Annie Brewer Love your review! I look forward to reading this one!!! I'm itching to get back into Cas and Annie's world! :)

message 2: by Annie (new) - added it

Annie Brewer Anna's....oops

Jalyn Thanks!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)