Daisiemae's Reviews > Eye Candy

Eye Candy by Amanda Young

Jan 03, 09

bookshelves: e-book, male-male-romance-erotica, books-read-in-2008, books-reviewed-in-2009, series-romance
Recommended to Daisiemae by: I love the author's other works
Recommended for: Everyone who is looking for a great M/M romance read
Read in November, 2008, read count: 3

Amanda Young is one of my favorite authors. As soon as she releases a book, I immediately buy it. Her characters are always well written, likable and oh so sexy.

Jake Ramora has a reputation of for being a bad boy. His love 'em and leave 'em attitude has been the crutch he has needed to keep the wall he has carefully built around his heart intact. Even with his careless attitude and flirty ways he is is obvious he is keeping a deep buried hurt and betrayal that he can't seem to get over. Just when things seem to be going his way professionally, he runs into his teenaged first love and best friend Kane Sharp moves back into town, Jake is faced with dealing with his demons and past betrayal.

Kane Sharp knows he must right the wrongs he has put upon Jake. He knew when he ran into Jake again, that the old feelings and attraction he and Jake had for one another would blossom again. He hopes that Jake will not only stop running from the past, but be able to find forgiveness in his heart.

I don't want to give up too much on the storyline. You will definately understand why Jake is so hurt and afraid to let anyone into his heart again. On the other hand, it is also easy to understand Kane's side of the story. Often when we are young we make many mistakes and wrong decisions. Even when we are deeply in love sometimes our own self-preservation comes first even if it hurts the one we love the most.

This series was wonderful! I encourage anyone who loves a well written sexy romance to read it. It would be a great way to get into the M/M romance-erotic genre. It starts out with Man Candy...which is Jake's twin brother, Logan, and Aaron's relationship. There is also a short novella called Candy Man which gives a funny and sexy look into Logan and Aaron's relationship at Halloween.

I loved this book and can't recommend these books any higher if you are looking for a great series romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eye Candy.

12/01/2008 page 67
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

MK (Food actvist) Great review. Sounds like a great story and great author. Enduring characters.

Daisiemae Thanks Kenjii:) Your right:) I loved this series. You should check it out if you can:)

message 3: by Lillie (new) - added it

Lillie I am going to have to check these out. Great review!

Daisiemae Lillie,
I really hope you do. Her other books are awesome too!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I have this one too and I am looking forward to reading it.

Daisiemae I think you will like this series Shawn. I can't wait to see what your thoughts on it will be.:)

Lindsay You have convinced me to start this series. I have had Man Candy in my TBR pile for some time now. It's time to stop delaying it and get to reading it. Great review Daisie!

Daisiemae Ohhhhh Linds! Get ready Girl...your gonna love them:)

Sidda Lee great review

Gabbi I need to read these books. I have seen several good reviews on them. Great review! I think I will start this series next.

Daisiemae Ragus!!!! Long time no see! I hope you are doing well! Missed ya my friend:)