deepikasd's Reviews > Emperor Mollusk versus The Sinister Brain

U_50x66
Aug 07, 12

bookshelves: public-library
Read in July, 2012

Emperor Mollusk is the ex-Warlord of Terra aka Earth. While trying to adapt to "normal" life, the mastermind finds himself caught up in an evil scheme to end his life. With his arch-nemesis Venusian warrior Zala and his pet ultrapede Snarg, Mollusk will uncover the evil scheme of the sinister Brain. Even though he has given up his title as ruler over all of Terra, he still is in love with the strange and fragile planet and risks his all for it.

The first thing you need to know that this is mostly fiction and not science... at least not science as we know it. True, there are some theories that are real, however, the story is set in an alternate universe. This universe features a solar system where every planet has their own inhabitants. Add to this fact that almost every mythical conspiracy being exists like the mole people.

If you are searching for a well-written book, I would recommend this one. Disregarding the several spelling mistakes and grammatical errors (hopefully these will be corrected in the second edition), the book is ingeniously written in the first person. Though the reader is privy to the thoughts of Emperor Mollusk, the Neptunon mollusk does hide his share of secrets. There are two parts to the book. The normal numbered chapters tell the story in the "present", while the italicized named chapters recall the reign of the Warlord.

I first picked up the book thinking that it was going to be extremely funny (after all it does advertise this on the front cover), but was surprised as I was submerged in a hardcore adventure story. There is much action, though if it was in movie format, critics would say that the plot seems almost too unbelievable with the strange monsters and obstacles. However, once the reader realizes that the story is a parody, the fun begins. Philosophically this book is amazing; the dialogue between the Emperor and Zala is both comical and very thought-provoking. The story is the kind that starts off with a bang and keeps on going without looking back or slowing down. In fact, you might even figure out the ending before you reach the last page.

If I was to change anything, I would just say the few grammatical/spelling mistakes. Other than that, the book will leave you wanting for more of the curious Emperor Mollusk.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Emperor Mollusk versus The Sinister Brain.