Val 's Reviews > Heat Seeker

Heat Seeker by Lora Leigh

Aug 07, 12

Read in August, 2012

John Vincent has always led a life of danger, and now he has every reason to want to remain as dead as the obituary in the Australian papers had proclaimed him to be. He’d left nothing behind in the life he had once led—except for one woman, and one night of unforgettable passion. Now, both will return to haunt him…

Bailey Serborne is still tormented by a past she can’t change and a man she hasn’t been able to forget. A man who was supposed to dead.. But now, a stroke of fate has revealed that sometimes, a woman is given a second chance to heal her heart—and exact the sweetest revenge . . .

Rich people behaving badly and hot secret agents!

I thought this book was okay but I had trouble suspending my disbelief. Trent survives a car bomb attempt on his life, but just barely. His survival is kept secret and part of the cure includes major facial reconstructive surgery so when he reenters Bailey's life as "John" we're supposed to believe that the surgery is so good there's no evidence of it anywhere on his body and it's changed him enough that Bailey doesn't recognize him, even after sleeping with him repeatedly. John is now part of an elite, multinational, totally off the grid group of operatives - think uber Mission Impossible team. Bailey is a billionaire ex-CIA operative who is trying to find both the killer of her parents and an international arms smuggler - and all the likely suspects are billionaires! So Bailey goes undercover as a beautiful rich woman who wants into the smuggling biz and John is undercover as a badass arms broker. It doesn't take much before they're going at it like beautiful undercover operative rabbits.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heat Seeker.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (new)

Kim lol - I only read the first couple books in this series & never made it to this one, but I swear the first had the same plot. Guy who was supposed to be dead re-enters girl's life and she never realizes it was him. The only difference is that she wasn't a billionaire.

Val Kim wrote: "lol - I only read the first couple books in this series & never made it to this one, but I swear the first had the same plot. Guy who was supposed to be dead re-enters girl's life and she never rea..."

Maybe the other books are about other members of the team? I'll never know, since I don't plan to read any more in the series. I picked this one up for 50 cents at the library bookstore. I've already returned it to be sold to the next victim!

message 3: by Kim (new)

Kim Yeah, each book is about a different team member. I know I read the second one yet I remember absolutely nothing about it. lol