Emmy's Reviews > The Weird Girls

The Weird Girls by Cecy Robson

Nov 29, 12

bookshelves: arc-for-review
Read from October 05 to 06, 2012

LOVED IT! So excited about this new and exciting series from Cecy Robson! This novella did not disappoint and I can't wait to read more about the Weird Girls.

Full review to come...

I knew I was going to love this. I knew, even before finishing the first chapter, that this novella from the quirky and charming Cecy Robson was going to be unique and witty.

The Wird sisters consist of four very different women. Celia is the "lead" sister. I say lead because not only is this series told from her point of view, but she has the cold calculating demeanor of a tiger. Oh wait, she can totally turn into one and I wouldn't mess with her if my life depended on it! Shayna and Taran are both sassy in different ways and quite entertaining. Emme is quiet and gentle but I can't wait to see what she might be hiding! All wielding a different power and pretty awesome on their own, when they join forces they make one hell of a team. The paranormal world is getting a brand new spin as we learn why they have powers and from what entities they may encounter.

The world building was fantastic. For a novella, we aren't bogged down with too much information. We get just enough mixed in with the fantastic plot to keep you turning the page eagerly in anticipation of what's to come. The plot was fun. Starting out in a bar, only craziness can ensue and craziness it is! We are thrown into a world of witch craft and challenges as Celia, Shayna, Taran and Emme fight for their right to peace in the mystical place that is Lake Tahoe.

Some very dramatic things happen to Celia when she faces certain challenges making your heart stop, tears threaten to spill or laugh hysterically with everything that is going on.

I don't want to say too much about the plot! I don't want to spoil anything but definitely give this series a try! Not only is the world Cecy created unique, but the humor is fantastic and Cecy is just all kinds of awesome! She really is a sweet person and I'm so glad to have gotten the chance to know her on the internets and to read her work. I am a fan for life now and I CANNOT WAIT to read Sealed With A Curse! If this novella knocked my socks off, the first full length in the series is bound to kick major ass!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Weird Girls.