Couchpotatoreader's Reviews > Shadows

Shadows by Paula Weston

Aug 09, 12

bookshelves: angel-book, fantasy, paranormal, loved-it, favorite, young-adult, romance, book-giveaway
Read from August 07 to 09, 2012

CHECK OUT MY BLOG:

I had the privilege to read the book which I won from a book giveaway of Ms. Mia.

You might say, it's no different from any other angel books, but I beg to disagree! I'll admit that I may be biased because I love angel books but this one is really good.

I love the fact that it's not focused on romance or on the love interest of the protagonist but rather on knowing the truth about Gaby's life. Yes, there's romance here and there but it's not overly important compared to other angel books such as the Fallen series, Hush Hush series, and the like.

I love that the flow of the story kept me interested that I wasted no time just to finish it. There were some fighting scenes which are expected to take part in an angel book.

For the characters, the author described each distinctly which made it easier for me to imagine and remember them. Each have a strong personality. But I have to warn you that there are alot of cursing which I was not comfortable at first because I have the tendency to remember them and then eventually say those words but I got used to it.

So anyway, I won't give much details so just read it! I know most of you are not fond of books about angels or demons but give this a try. You won't be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadows.