[Name Redacted]'s Reviews > Please Save My Earth, Vol. 3

Please Save My Earth, Vol. 3 by Saki Hiwatari

Aug 07, 2012

bookshelves: graphic-novels, mystery, romance, religion, sci-fi
Read on August 07, 2012

This is where the story really starts getting good, just like in the anime. The identities of the reborn Shion & Shukaido are finally revealed, while Alice begins to doubt (reject, really) her identity as the reborn Mokuren; Rin's actions are finally explained, as are his erratic behavior and startling powers, and the true nature of what befell the alien scientists is revealed. Surprises galore as children and teenagers struggle to deal with adult problems from lives they're only now discovering they once lived.

It's worth noting as well that many questions left completely unanswered (and bafflingly so!) in the anime are answered here. It's almost as though the writers for the anime were so concerned with squeezing as many important scenes into the series as possible that they left out much of the substance... Rin's obsession with the Tokyo Tower is explained, the reasons behind Rin & Haruhiko's appearances are explained, and Shukaido's motivation is finally revealed!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Please Save My Earth, Vol. 3.

08/07/2012 page 163
12/16/2016 marked as: read
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Kay (new)

Kay I did not know you read manga until I saw this. I'm not the only one!

[Name Redacted] Ha ha, I read CERTAIN manga... But no, you're definitely not the only one! ;)

message 3: by Kay (new)

Kay Good! Any suggestions for future reads??

[Name Redacted] Well, this series so far. Also, if you haven't already seen the "Wolf's Rain" anime, I'd recommend the manga based on it. And the "Neon Genesis: Evangelion" adaptation. Also, "Deadman Wonderland" though that's out of print here in the US for the time being. :P

message 5: by Kay (new)

Kay I'll check those out! I've never seen Wolf's Rain (was never an anime fan because the adaptions were sometimes so poorly done), but I know it has to do with the end of the world or some such.

[Name Redacted] I'd say the reverse is probably the case for "Wolf's Rain", where the anime is definitely superior. That's why I recommend reading the books first -- they came after the show, but changed a lot. ;)