Chelsey's Reviews > Over You

Over You by Emma McLaughlin

6209040
Aug 07, 12

Read in August, 2012

Max is a girl, who like many others, has suffered a horrendous break up that left her alone and brokenhearted. She is the founder of Ex, Inc. which is a flourishing company that helps devastated girls get over boys that recklessly damaged their hearts. Max seems to such a strong and confident character. I couldn’t believe that she put together this program to help other girls in need, and she really cared about their recovery. Her story, of her own break up, was not revealed until later of course and I was wondering if we were ever going to get the details!

At first I really liked Max and then once I got to the middle of the book I started to change my mind. I guess I was just somewhat disappointed in her when I learned that she was not over her own break up, but was strongly encouraging other girls to get over theirs. I didn’t expect her to be invincible, but I guess after the first few chapters I came to see her as some kind of superwoman of break ups! It was almost like Ex, Inc. was some kind of front for her own insecurities. I am not saying that I completely disliked Max because I didn’t. I just had such a strong individual in my mind and I should not have jumped the gun on my own assumptions.

I LOVED the guy that Max meets named Ben. She meets Ben when he comes to put together the new crib for her younger sibling that is on the way. What a cute and completely strange way to meet a potential boyfriend!! Anyhow, I just really liked Ben because from the get go I could tell that he was a sincere person and he was already crazy about Max. Of course Max had to mess up a few times, like most girls do with the guy that is obviously perfect for them, but finally she got her stuff together! This was a cute story but probably nothing that I would read a second time around. It was a fast, light summer read and took me no time at all to finish.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Over You.