Abbie's Reviews > Faithful to Laura

Faithful to Laura by Kathleen Fuller

Aug 13, 12

bookshelves: 2012, amish-fiction, christian-romance, kathleen-fuller, thomas-nelson, netgalley-read, blog-reviewed
Read from August 07 to 10, 2012

3.5 Stars

Book two picks up pretty close to where book one left off. Laura is trying to heal emotionally from her burns that she received from Mark in book 1. Her goal is to get a job and pay her parents back the money that Mark stole. As luck would have it Sawyer shows up for supper one night with a job and Laura takes it. Sawyer is adopted and is trying to decide if he is going to join the Amish church or not. He soon finds out he has a biological grandmother who is not Amish and she wants him to come back to New York and take his place as the new head of her big company.

Laura finds herself drawn to Sawyer and even though she plans to never trust a man again Sawyer finds a way into her heart. Sawyer can see past Laura’s burns and finds himself drawn to her. Will these two over come the odds to find love?

This book was okay but to be honest this book as way to many storylines and not enough pages.

What I liked: I really like the characters in this book. Emma and Adam are back as well as Emma’s grandma. I like the family and want to see them all happy. I also found myself rooting for Laura and Sawyer.

What I did not like: There was to many people telling this story. We see Emma and Adam again and it’s a continuation of book one to a point thrown in with Laura and Sawyers story. We also get to know Sawyers blood grandmother. On top of that we also deal with Adams mom and dad and an issue going on with them. It was just to many different storylines and I felt the story of Laura and Sawyer was not developed as well as it could have been. I also don’t know why the issue with Adam’s parents could not have been in book one. It just was all thrown into this book and felt like to much.

I did like the story line I just wish it has been more Laura and Sawyer. I am interested to see where book three goes and how this series will wrap up. It is a sweet story and if you like Amish Fiction check it out but be sure to check out book one first.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faithful to Laura.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deb (new)

Deb Do you like this author??

message 2: by Abbie (last edited Aug 10, 2012 07:53AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Abbie Yes I do. You can check out my blog for some of my reviews of other books I have read by her.

abbiesreadingcorner.com

Rachel Brand I totally agree with your sentiments on this book, Abbie. There was too much going on and Laura and Sawyer's story was probably weaker than the other storylines in this book. Glad it's not just me who felt this way!