HILLZ's Reviews > How to Kill a Rock Star

11620952
Aug 08, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read from August 07 to 08, 2012

I cannot say ENOUGH about this book! It's witty, honest and funny. I could NOT put it down. And when I wasn't reading, I was thinking about this book.

The main characters are Eliza and Paul. Eliza just moved to NY for a new job and to be closer to her brother. She moves in with her brothers old roommate/current band mate, Paul. Paul is a shirt folder at the GAP by day and is the lead singer in her brothers band, Bananafish, at night.

Eliza is passionate and driven (for others dreams, not so much her own). Paul is a very passionate, quirky, moody artist. But in Eliza's words, he has a cocky-bastard facade.

She and Paul share a deep passion for music, true music, not that "goddamn" bubble gum music.

They are wildly in love, and Paul is on his way to becoming a rock star. Things seem to be going good until Eliza makes a HUGE decision for the both of them that sets a train in motion that she cannot stop. That's where the story put my stomach in knots.

Through it all, I think I learned that the Savior doesn't always need saving and doesn't always want to be saved.

This story is well written and had me laughing, crying and I think it gave me an ULCER!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Kill a Rock Star.

Quotes HILLZ Liked

Tiffanie DeBartolo
“Did you really want to die?"
"No one commits suicide because they want to die."
"Then why do they do it?"
"Because they want to stop the pain.”

Tiffanie DeBartolo
“Tell me what you listen to, and I'll tell you who you are.”

Tiffanie DeBartolo
“There's a big difference between being alone and being lonely. And I'm guessing that once you've discovered this distinction you can't go back to solitary confinement without serious emotional repercussions.”

Tiffanie DeBartolo
“Break my heart? Is that what you just said? I have news for you; you didn't break my heart. My heart's fine. My heart's in the best shape of its life. You know what you did to me? You took an AK-47 and blew my soul open.”

08/07/2012 page 38