Laura's Reviews > Apocalypse Scenario #683: The Box

Apocalypse Scenario #683 by Mira Grant

Sep 05, 12

Read in September, 2012

Ok so when they said short story, they literally meant teeny, tiny, blink-and-you'll-miss-it story. This is so ridiculously short I don't see why Mira Grant bothered to release this for SALE (as in you have to pay for it). This is what irritates me about kindle books, you can't see what you're paying for. If I had known that this book was literally ten pages long there isn't a hope in hell I would have paid for it. Yes it was only about two euro but still. It should have been free.

The actual story is ok. I mean you literally have two paragraphs to get to know the characters in so it can only ever be just, ok. It also has nothing to do with the Newsflesh series unless what we've been told about the two virus strains combining to make the Kellis-Amberlee zombie virus is all a lie, in which case, I've just ruined the next two Newsflesh books for myself.

This story is basically about a group of people playing what they call the Apocalypse Game, where they all come up with ideas on how the Apocalypse could actually happen and then spend the night dicussing the probablities and scenrios that come with that specific Apocalypse. Slightly strange but also weirdly appealing to me! One of the group is absent but has sent a recording of her scenario which they play and eventually realise that what she is saying is actually the truth and is happening right now and the missing group member is the evil instigator.

I just wished there was more to this story. The tiny bit that we got to read was exciting and I would have enjoyed more but oh well....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Apocalypse Scenario #683.