Ornella (Nyx)'s Reviews > Blood and Feathers

Blood and Feathers by Lou Morgan

6282007
Aug 19, 12

Read from August 12 to 17, 2012

If I had to use one word to describe this book it would Strange, but it was a good strange. The start was pretty rocky and I know a couple of people who gave up on it because of it, I only kept reading cause it was just so strange I had to find out what was going on, and that's basically what kept me going through the first half of the book.

The MC, Alice, was soo wishy washy...It's like she was in shock or something throughout most of the book, she just goes along with everything and barely questions what is going on. I get the Angels were being incredibly evasive with everything AND underhanded, sneaky little bastards really, but mygod, everyone kept saying how important Alice was, but she just takes it anyway! She doesn't use it for her advantage. She only gets somewhat of a backbone by the last 1/3rd of the book, and her being the 'secret weapon' it makes for a very disappointing one.

Alice's lack of kick-assness for the majority of the book aside, the single most frustrating and annoying thing were the Angels. They were sneaky, evasive, underhanded, manipulative and just plain assholes. They were so bad I was rooting for the Fallen, which is saying something seeing as how they torture people for fun. I was so happy when they got what they deserved by the end :D

The turning point for me in the story was when Alice goes down to Hell, now that's when the good stuff starts (which is like halfway through the book). The descriptions of the levels of hell, the punishments, the cold gives a whole new meaning to the phrase 'when hell freezes over'. This is when Morgan's unique writing style really shines, and the epic battle that takes place is pretty damn awesome. Everything more or less gets explained at the end, and it was incredibly satisfying when Micheal dishes out the punishment, it totally made up for my wanting to beat up some of them throughout the book *cough*Gywn*cough*Gabriel*cough*. Divine retribution at it's best!

So, for those of you who gave up during the first half, try to soldier on, because the second half totally makes up for it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood and Feathers.

08/14/2012
26.0% "I don't really like Alice but I want to know what the bid deal is, it's just all so strange."
08/15/2012
43.0% "Are you kidding me?! They want her to go to hell, alone, and willingly and the reason it has to be her? "Because you're you. And because I know you can." "It's called faith, Alice. You should try it sometime." Um, he isn't the one going down to hell...So no, I wouldn't bet on faith sorry..." 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Butterfly (new) - added it

Butterfly I feel the same.

Ornella (Nyx) It's getting better! I get the whole teeth thing now at least, and she has some kick ass powers but too much of a wuss to learn to use them..bah!

message 3: by Katy (new) - added it

Katy Okay, so I should get back to this one huh?

Ornella (Nyx) Yeah you should, the first half is just weird, but second half gets a lot better, especially the last 1/3rd.