Henk-Jan van der Klis's Reviews > Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions

Unglued by Lysa TerKeurst

Aug 11, 12

Read from August 07 to 11, 2012

As frontwoman of Proverbs 31 Ministries, referring to the wife of noble charachter, you might expect Lysa Terkeurst to be some kind of perfect. Fortunately, she’s as human as the rest of her fellow men and women around. In her latest book Unglued – Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions she shares some of her progressions while staying imperfect. Raw emotions are those feelings we hide from others but take out on those we love most.. Anger, stubbornness, unwillingness to listen, impatience, etc. Why would you explode while talking to a grocery clerk, children, co-workers or the returns counter? God gave us emotions, but these should be indicators, not dictators.
Not by simple 3-steps programs or instant solutions, but by replacing emotions, hormons and self-image to their ‘normal’ positions again, while staying honest about the effecte and non-effective use, relates to bot female and male readers. You don’t have to freak out. Keeping a Sabbath (or as a Christian a Sunday off) is necessary to resist being busy 24/7. Remember the Martha versus Maria story from the Gospels? And what about gossip, negative connotations inside the chatter? And the feeling of emptiness, loneliness, I have to do it all by myself?
Terkeurst shows how to let situations work for you rather than against you. Unglued, off-guard becomes confident and in control again. A participant’s guide is included to discuss the topics and personal questions in a small group.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unglued.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Bedankt voor al die uitgebreide reviews! Het boek dat je nu leest leek me ook interessant, tot ik las dat het alleen over emoties van vrouwen gaat. Dat lijkt me zo achterhaald. Ben benieuwd wat je ervan zal vinden.

Henk-Jan van der Klis Ik wilde het boek ook eerst door m'n vrouw laten lezen en recenseren, maar ze had nog genoeg andere te lezen boeken op de lijst. Ik was wel benieuwd naar de insteek van TerKeurst. Vrijdag, anders zondag of maandag volgt m'n bespreking.