Rachel's Reviews > Tab Bennett and the Inbetween

Tab Bennett and the Inbetween by Jes Young

Aug 07, 2012

liked it
Read in August, 2012

The Good: I read the whole book in one day because it was a fun and new world that I was immersed in immediately. I really enjoy UF and paranormal books and this was a light and interesting read that leaves you wondering when the next book will come out. It’s a little odd because I felt as though it read like a YA novel with some sexual scenes, but there was slightly less teen angst than YA novels which was nice. You are left with enough answers to be satisfied, though with a few lingering questions that will keep you wanting more.

I had a few small gripes here and there but I think this author and series have great potential.

The Bad: The beginning of the book felt a bit disjointed. Tab didn’t seem to show many discernible signs of grief even though she had lost 3 sisters in a very short amount of time. Even though Robbin and Tab’s relationship and its limits were explored a bit more fully later on, the average reader will have a hard time swallowing the whole 24 year old virgin with no sexual experience thing. I also felt the characters did not behave like adults in their mid twenties (or in some cases, MUCH older than that); their ages seemed closer to late teens by their maturity levels and dialogue.

I also thought there were some major plot holes. Why on earth was protection not stepped up once one sister was killed, let alone three? If “They” were so close to the Manor, why didn’t the family move – was this the only place they could live? If Tab was so important, why did they keep leaving her alone, or at least not watching her well numerous times throughout the book?

Bottom Line: Interesting series start with lots of potential!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tab Bennett and the Inbetween.