Anacrasia's Reviews > A Midsummer's Nightmare

A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger

F_50x66
Aug 19, 12

Read on August 13, 2012

The book deals with teen issues,insecurity and the need for love by a teen aged girl whose parents are divorced.I honestly did cry with Whitley a few times while reading the book.Now, this will surely make you ask- why such a low rating?

I had some major problems with the conclusion and quite a few other things.

What I wanted to say to Whitley:
Your mother should get over herself already because divorce took place 6 years ago!Well, try putting yourself in her shoes...You are married with a guy for about 10-15 years and have 2 kids with him and suddenly out of the blue he cheats on you!--->Its the other way of saying 'I don't care about you'.Isn't it the same as your parents not caring for you all of a sudden?..SO.. get over yourself already..!

Other things that didn't agree with me:

1)All her life she's been blaming her mother for separating her from her dad and moving away. She states too, that her dad did not try for reconciliation.Didn't she ever question why..?

2)Even when her dad admits that he did not want her,spent the entire vacation ignoring her and doting on
Nathan and Bailey and didn't even care about the entire facebook thing...he says sorry, I love you, and all is well..??

3)Even when she comes to know that her father cheated on her mother..no apology..just you did not give me attention...??seriously.?? At least she wanted you when your father didn't even want you!.
Your father didn't even take the pain to inform you about his engagement.

4)Frankly,between her mother and father,her father was the greater sinner,yet,there was no reconciliation with her mother..she just kept ignoring the calls from her mother.

5)Falling for step brother...having sex with him..?? Uh...well..no comments..!

Moreover, Whitley confrontation with her father at the end of the story felt really anti-climatic and insufficient. The solution and interaction was done too quickly to be meaningful.
So well...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Midsummer's Nightmare.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tamikia (new)

Tamikia I def. agree with number 5! The whole dating her stepbrother thing was just trashy! I know a lot of people who have read this was okay with it but I'm not one of them and it's good to see I'm not the only one!