Rosebud's Reviews > Lucas

Lucas by D.B. Reynolds

Nov 05, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, romantic-erotica, m-f, paranormal, vampires
Read in November, 2012

As a tried and true fan of DB I have been waiting for this book ever since I read Betrayed.
Lucas is another strong vamp who had the hairs on the back of neck tingling.
I did love the characters and relationship chemistry which made for some fun yet erotically stimulating scenes. I just love the way the author is able to evolve a relationship between two strong people and make it work without having one of them cave.

As much as I love the author and this series I did feel a bit let down after reading this book. I'm not one to give away potential spoilers so I'll try to be vague. The evil elements are becoming too predictable in this series. And the outcome, once this part of the storyline is no longer an issue, is a cop out. To me it screams: I don't know where this will go in the next book so I'll just leave my options open til I figure it out. And as to the alternate storyline. Yes there were surprises but two things occured with this that had me rolling my eyes.

I am starting to have the opinion that this series has run its course, which I truly don't hope is the case, or the edginess needs to come back. I still enjoyed it and was able to read it in a marathon session within hours of its release but the magic just wasn't there for me this time.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lucas.

Donna J I totally understand your review having just finished this story myself :)

Rosebud Donna wrote: "I totally understand your review having just finished this story myself :)"

I read 'Hunted' the day that book came out but haven't had a chance to write up a review yet. But thanks for posting the date it was being released or I would have missed it. So loving that thread.

message 3: by Donna (last edited Jul 18, 2013 07:31PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Donna J Happy to have been of help, now I will anxiously await your review :)