Dana's Reviews > Tempted

Tempted by Megan Hart

Aug 07, 12

bookshelves: erotica, romance, suspense, 3-star, angsty, mindfuck, own, pg, stand-alone, i-reviewed, bob-needed, 2012, cover-art-win, redemption-of-author
Read from August 06 to 07, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I'm so glad I gave Megan Hart another chance. I was so disappointed with Switch, I thought it was horrible. Honestly, if this book hadn't been $1 at the Goodwill I probably never would have read another book by her.

Anywho...this was a dark read. It brought up an interesting scenario that made me think about my own relationship. Would this be a possibility, how would I react, how would it work, etc. I thought she did a much better job of developing her character's emotions in this book and they had more depth.

I was really interested in the James/Alex dynamic, it was always in the back of my mind that they HAD hooked up and were not honest with her about it. I was really suprised at the ending, I didn't think Megan would take it there. Maybe I've read too many romance novels, but I expect Alex leaving to be the end of it. Crazy! I like how she left it out there that they were trying for a baby, then the relation with Alex....yeah. Heavy stuff.

I thought the story was slightly disjointed with the addition of Anne's family drama. I'm not sure quite how much that whole dynamic added to the story, though I thought the background information was good to know. I kept waiting for someone from Alex's family to be introduced, as there were several mentions of how rugged his family was. Ah well.
Megan still seems like an immature write, but is coming into her own voice. I may have been persuaded to give her another chance after reading Tempted. All this being said, I'll give the book a solid 3 stars. It wasn't amazing, but it's a vast improvement over "Switch", which I recommend for any and all to avoid reading at all costs. It was painful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempted.

08/07/2012 page 157 "Glad I gave Ms. Hart anothe chance after the very disappointing "Switch". Hope to finish this one tonight."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Dana about half way through, I started it last night. I was really disappointed in the first book of her's that I read, switch, but am glad I gave this one a chance. Honestly, if it wasn't $1 at the Goodwill I wouldn't have read it. Very suprised, in a good way, and can't wait to finish it. So far - 3.5 stars.