Eleanor's Reviews > Now You See Her

Now You See Her by Jacquelyn Mitchard

Jan 09, 09

Recommended for: no one
Read in November, 2008

I hated this book. It was a girl named Bernadette Romano who is a very talented young actress. As she gets more and more famous, her mom changes her name to Hope Shay. Hope gets excepted to Starwood, a private school for those who are exceptionally good at acting. When the school play is announced, Romeo and Juliet, Hope auditions for the part of Juliet and gets it which means she beat out a lot of really talented seniors. As Logan, who plays Romeo, works more and more with Hope, he starts to become her offscreen Romeo. The Logan begins to drift away and Hope devises a plan to get him back.
Hope kidnaps herself. She walks out into the woods and sits by a river, duct tapes her wrists together and waits until someone finds her. Eventually a man comes across her. When the police talks to Hope she describes the man who kidnapped her, but after many hours of investigation the police figure that Hope herself did it. Hope gets sent to a school with girls that need help. It turns out that Hope has a border line personality which means that she is on the edge of being sane or insane. So mant things that she thought were true, really weren't, such as the lead role as Juliet and Logan being in love with her.
The reason I hated this book was because it had a terrible plot and I don't think that it made much sense. I read it in about 4 hours and wasn't really satified with the ending. : )Awful book, sorry!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Now You See Her.