Ann's Reviews > Biting Cold

Biting Cold by Chloe Neill

Aug 09, 12

bookshelves: pnr
Read in July, 2012

The fun is gone, just more drama…#6 is just an okay read, average, nothing outstanding IMO. Lots of story with a bit of Ethan/Merit’s romance (and thank you CN for keeping Ethan alive and well in this one). The situation with Mallory is sorted more or less, Catcher is hurt and disappointed by her actions to say the least and who knows where that will leave their relationship. Jonah drops in for a small part and my favorite shifters Gabriel and Jeff are featured. Tate is the main attraction and he’s got quite the secret and with Mallory’s assistance makes bad things worse. The house’s situation with the GP is tenuous and major decisions for Cadogan House’s future go down. Overall a decent story with a good ending.

My disappointment here is that this bk is nowhere near as good as the first 3 bks which I’ve re-read numerous times. The series drew me in for the interesting characters, great story, the romance element and an all around good time spent with Merit and crew. Maybe this series has reached a point where all those things have for the most part played out and from here on out it will be about Merit’s adventures. While interesting, that just doesn’t reach out and pull me in like it once did. What I’ve always loved about this series is the witty banter from Merit and Mallory, Catcher and his snarky personality, geeky Jeff who’s stud to the water nymphs, fun with Lyndsey and sexy cowboy Luc, Ethan, Ethan and more Ethan. I certainly don't want to leave out bad boy Morgan and even Grandpa Merit was endearing. I guess the series has just lost the fun it once had and turned more serious. Just not enough grins to balance out the drama which is what I miss most about Merit and friends.

I’m sure fans of the series will enjoy this one, while those riding the fence….well, it’s just a shame the kindle version isn’t lendable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Biting Cold.

Karla I'll be watching your updates, I can't wait to read this one Ann!!

message 2: by Ann (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ann Hope not to be disappointed. Stay tuned......

Karla The first 3 were amazing and I did like the 4th, but I'll take Ethan any way I can get him!

message 4: by Ann (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ann He's here alright. Lots of story but nearly enough Ethan/Merit heat. Hopefully this one will finish up with a bang and leave me wanting more.

Karla Great review Ann. I know what you mean about the serious nature of the books now, I hope to get to it soon.

Jodie I agree. I missed the 'fun' moments. Nowhere near enough to balance the drama out :(

message 7: by Ann (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ann Jodie-Maybe we'll see some fun in the next bk. Hoping anyway.

Jamie i agree with ur review. this book didnt have the magic. i hope CN can do better with the next one

message 9: by Ann (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ann Jamie - let's hope!!!