Mandy (I read Indie) Anderson's Reviews > Fearless Magic

Fearless Magic by Rachel Higginson

Sep 23, 12

Read from September 19 to 23, 2012 — I own a copy

**If you have not read the first 2 books my review for book 3 could contain spoilers**

What’s that saying about a woman scorned? Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...yeah, that’s Eden for you. Lucan has taken away her family through death and abduction. Eden is out for revenge and it will all start with killing Kiran then moving on until Lucan no longer walks the earth. They both will pay for betraying her and bringing harm to her family. So Eden starts off on a journey to find others to join her Resistance and help bring an end to the worthless Kendrick bloodline. And along the way Eden starts to learn a little more about herself and her eyes are opened to others and sees them for who they really are. Some are honest and trustworthy and some are downright selfish and heartless.

I was so excited when Rachel sent me the first 3 books in the Star-Crossed series back in May....that is until I read the first one. Now don't get me wrong, I love these books. They are the absolute best. But there is just one little, teensy problem that has had me leaving a month or 2 in between book reviews of the series: Kiran! I don't think I have been affected by a character so much like I have been with Kiran. Oh. My. Goodness I have never wanted to strangle a guy so much in my life…he is absolutely infuriating. One minute Ms Rachel has us all swooning over Kiran and had me waving the Team Kiran flag...only to have the rug ripped out from under us the very next second. And then we are left fuming wanting to cut his nads off. Oh yes, there will be blood!

But seriously, this book was so great. Heck, the series is so great! I love this world that Rachel has created and the whole idea is freakin magical…literally. Want to know what was a great addition to this story? Jericho! Yeah I know he was in the last one. But he really came through in this one. Yum, Yum give me some! I love how much he loves Eden…it’s a very unselfish kind of love. But does Eden feel the same about him now? Neener, neener! I am not saying. Read it to see for yourself.

In Fearless Magic we get to see Eden grow and become a very welcoming character. She sheds her teenage self and matures into a strong young woman. Of course she had to grow up quick after all the loss she was hit with at the end of Hopeless Magic. But I love this new Eden though; she seemed more in control even when circumstances were out of control.

Those who love a story of love, self-sacrifice, and magic…well this series is made for you. If you haven’t read the first 2 get them today and start them. You will love Rachel’s world and her amazing (and sometimes irritating) characters. *cough* Kiran *cough* And once you read them let me know what you think of them. I would love to hear your thoughts.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fearless Magic.

09/20/2012 "starting this bk with fear. fear I will end up hating Kiran more. @Mywritesdntbite"