Nicki Markus's Reviews > The Mephisto Kiss

The Mephisto Kiss by Trinity Faegen

Aug 18, 12

bookshelves: read-paranormal
Read from August 14 to 18, 2012

Having found the first book in this series an enjoyable read, I was keen to see what the second would have in store. I have to say that this book was okay, but it didn't grab me as much as the first one.

I think one of the issues for me was the ease with which Jordan accepted everything at the start - it just didn't seem believable - and, although things then picked up, that initial 'jarring' stuck with me throughout the rest of the book. I also wasn't keen on the way the book ended.

Those things aside, though, this was still an okay read, with plenty of action and enough new material to make it stand out from the first book. The characters in this one were interesting, much I just didn't gel with them as well as Jaz and Sasha in book one.

That said, the second book in a series like this does usually tend to be the weakest, and the fact I wasn't completely taken with this one does not mean I will not be interested to read on and see what will happen in the next instalment.

For readers new to the series, I recommend you start with book one as that sets up a lot of the mythology, knowledge of which is assumed in book two.

I received this book as a free e-book ARC via NetGalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mephisto Kiss.

08/14/2012 page 39