Sammy Goode's Reviews > Relearning the Ropes

Relearning the Ropes by D.C. Juris

Aug 07, 12

Relearning the Ropes is a story of healing, of hope and of love finally acknowledged.

Charlie is a broken man who requires a deft hand--a man--a Dom who can not only take him to the place where he can release his inner demons but a partner who can navigate the emotional minefield that is Charlie's heart. A former abused sex slave, Charlie has baggage--lots. Add to that the fact that his dom, who was a best friend to his new dom Marcus, has recently died and you have one hurting individual.

Marcus has kept himself firmly in check, desiring--loving Charlie for quite some time but hesitant to take him from his best friend who purchased Charlie from the sex ring, freeing him from a life of abuse and torture.

This sweet little sip of a story finds these two men on the cusp of a change in their relationships that threatens to either destroy them or redeem them. Happily DC Juris opts for the latter. In such a short story we learn more about what makes these two men tic than I thought possible. DC Juris is a masterful storyteller, who gives us richly detailed characters that draw us in and force us to fall in love with them at first sight.

I sincerely hope that one day she revisits this pair and gives them their own full length story--they are, simply put, lovely!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Relearning the Ropes.