Perfection *Sherlock's Girl*'s Reviews > Breathe

Breathe by Abbi Glines

Aug 18, 12

bookshelves: heroes-that-make-you-go-sigh, super-pretty-covers
Read from August 07 to 13, 2012

I absolutely loooooooved this book. I cannot explain in words how perfect Jax and Sadie are. I mean I loved a female protagonist. That IS an achievement!

I finished the book and only then found out that this was Abbi Glines' debut novel.(view spoiler) I wish I was half as talented as her when it comes to characterization. And it's 1 of the finest debut novels I've read so there you go.

Sadie is a lovely character. A little Mary Sue in the beginning but once the story got going I loved her. I really appreciate the way the reader isn't made to feel sorry for her but the situation is explained so matter-of-fact-ly. I guess it helps that as a narrator she isn't whiny.

And Jax. Don't even get me started on Jax. I think when he finally said that he loves her I was literally jumping up and down for joy!

Of course (view spoiler) Yes that was literally me because Jax is just so awesome. You know what people like Jax are called? Do you?

I know I'm using too many gifs. But I don't care! And in the (view spoiler) when he sings to her ALL THE TIME she's errr... (view spoiler). Yes I paid attention and didn't use the word he objected to. See! I pay attention Jax! Well yeah what was I saying?
Oh yes, when he did that:

This is the reason why we fall for fictional guys. ALL. THE. TIME.
This happened with Dank too. I'm almost afraid to read the sequel but I don't really get the feels from Marcus like every1 else seems to so I'm pretty cool.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breathe.

Quotes Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* Liked

Abbi Glines
“If hearts could shatter, mine just did.”

Abbi Glines
“I relaxed. “I would imagine in your world, girls are much different than here in the real world. I’m sure if you spent some time with the everyday girl, you would find I am not unique.”

He grinned at me. “The everyday girl is who writes me fan mail and buys out my concerts. They are the girls who yell my name and run after me like crazed animals. You’ve not even tried to sneak into my room and squirt your perfume on my pillow.”

Abbi Glines
“If you were mine, I would never let you go.”

Abbi Glines
“That's okay. You an be selfish with me all you want. I'm yours.”

Abbi Glines
“He seems like a man who knows what he wants, and the problem is he wants what I want. If it were anything or anyone else, I could stand back and let him take it." His blue eyes gazed back at me. "But I can't let him have you.”

08/07/2012
25.0% "Can I please just take a moment to thank the universe for making Abbi Glines exist? Yeah? Cool.

Omg, I'm in love with Jax. And this just after rereading Existence for the 8th time.<3"
08/07/2012
35.0% "How can a fictional guy cause me feels?"
35.0% ""Leaning back in a kitchen chair, looking ridiculously
sexy for seven in the morning, sat Jax."

I agree."
08/07/2012
46.0% "Omg please just marry him."
52.0% ""He
unleashed all his charm on you, knowing it could only
be for a short time. And for that, I'm going to make
sure he pays."

Omg Marcus. I seem to be using an awful lot of omg's while reading this."
58.0% "He grinned. “It will let the male population know
you’re not available and to stay away.”
I laughed. “All right then, ‘Mr. Hot Shot Rock
Star’, let’s go to the party so you can intimidate all
the guys in a fifty mile radius.”

Seriously? I mean
"
60.0% "

One cookie for you Jax! You go Jax!"