Meaganr's Reviews > Tommy Nightmare

Tommy Nightmare by J.L. Bryan

Aug 06, 12

Jenny's touch infects. Seth's touch heals. Jenny's touch spreads love. And now we meet Tommy who's touch spreads fear.
Growing up in the house of an abusive, cultist foster family, Tommy's life has been somewhat of a waking nightmare itself, so it seems only fitting that his touch spreads fear. One night, he tries to help his foster father's dad and accidentally give him a heart attack with his touch. Let's just say, his foster father was not very forgiving. Many years later, when we see Tommy again, he sits in a prison cell surrounded by some of the most dangerous criminals in the state. He's pretty much accepted his fate for the moment, but then he sees a girl on TV. A girl with stormy grey eyes (much like his) and a strange sense of purpose and awareness. He knows immediately that he has to meet this girl because he can just sense that she is like him, that she can explain what he is. Too bad when he arrives she's already dead.
With Ashleigh dead you'd think her evil reign would be over right? Wrong. Even from beyond the grave she sticks around to mess EVERYTHING up and thoroughly annoy the hell out of me. It doesn't help that her counterpart Tommy has no back bone and just goes along with whatever Ashleigh says.
This time around, Jenny is having to deal with a whole hell of a lot. She's got the guilt from her outbreak, her father distancing himself, the CDC and other government agencies sniffing around her house, strange new memories, nightmares, boyfriend problems, evil reincarnated, and a whole bunch of new people who are like her popping into her life.

I'm honestly surprised I haven't gone crazy with all the frustration that these books cause me. Don't get me wrong, these books are good and super intriguing, but damn these bad guys are just downright horrible. Ashleigh is just as manipulative as she was before and her meddling messes everything up as usual. Her power and the fact that no one can go against it and how everyone just walks right into her traps is just so aggravating! How can someone be so completely manipulative! (I would say ingenius but that sounds too much like a compliment :P) There were so many times that I just wanted to reach into the pages and strangle her but alas I was stuck banging my nook against my head.

Anyway this book is a great continuation of the series, and we are introduced to a whole bunch of interesting new characters as well as new information about what exactly they are and how they are all related and even a new love interest for Jenny *gasp*. It's really quite interesting. This book is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING great, so if you liked the first one definitely read this one.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tommy Nightmare.