Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*'s Reviews > Whispers

Whispers by Dean Koontz

Jan 27, 2016

bookshelves: a-own-book-form, thrillers-susp, 4-star, reviewed, thrillers-read-now-wheres-my-valium
Read in August, 2012

I preferred this one over Watchers, surprisingly.
Sometimes it grew a bit stale but the mystery here was hard to solve. I kept thinking twins, twins, twins, but that kept getting shot down. At the end I was wondering if there was actually going to be a supernatural element involved. The characters weren't as cheesy with their interaction and the ending with the unraveling of the villains motives were fascinating. What abuse! I do have an issue with some of the wrap up though. I get it about the abuse but would have liked to know a little more behind the madness the character got in regard to the vampire resurrection thing and the hatred of the mother. Sure any sane person would have hated the mother, but I felt more details could have been given at the end with that. Ending felt a little cut off because of it. Overall good stuff though, purely a suspense/thriller novel. Now the next Koontz book I read I don't want to be another serial killer book, need a break from that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whispers.

08/06/2012 page 1
0.0% "Needing to read for Dean Koontz challenge, starting this week"
08/15/2012 page 402
87.0% "Still not sure yet if this is going to end up actually being supernatural, or if there's going to be a plausible explanation."