Daniellesof2014's Reviews > How I Live Now

How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff

Jan 20, 09

bookshelves: 7th-grade-ir-books-jen

A 15 year old girl named Daisy is sent to live with her cousins in Europe that she doesn’t even know. In Europe she meets Aunt Penn, and her cousins Piper, Isaac, Osbert, and Edmond. During her stay she and her little family get in between the middle of a war, after they are removed from there home and separated because the army takes it over to use as shelter. Now they have to find a way to survive and get back together.

This book reminds me of the troops Iraq. This reminded me of the war because while they are having a war, they are ruining the lives of the innocent people around them. That what happened to Daisy, Aunt Penn, Piper, Isaac, Osbert, and Edmond, they all got separated because of the war surrounding them.

I gave this book four stars because it had this kind of had this intensity of weather or not you find out what happens to who and because it had this kind of disturbing feeling but not ion a bad way (it‘s just a relationship that‘s disturbing in the book). I would recommend this book to anyone who likes survival books (and a little romantic but mostly survival.)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How I Live Now.