Cara's Reviews > Pandora

Pandora by Anne Rice

Aug 31, 12

Read from August 29 to 31, 2012

My Blog: http://readingpassion03.blogspot.com/

Summary: Pandora is a vampire that is about 2,000 years old. She is approached by a vampire named David, who convinces her to write down her life in two journals that he gave her. She recounts what it was like in the days she was alive. We get to hear about her first love Marius. She introduces us to her mortal family, and goes through their fate at the hands soldiers. She has to move to a different land. She gets bad dreams on the ship there that is drawing her to her fate. She goes into a whirlwind of religious discovery in this new place. Soon she realizes that there is a couple of people that have followed her there from her old life. One is welcomed back into her life with open arms, and the other stands to get into her way. She gathers people around her that helps protect her. This is also the place she gets turned into a vampire, and discovers new realities about the religion she was following. She also discovers Marius is really a vampire. They have to take on other vampires, because Marius is in charge of protecting some very important "things". I won't go any further so I won't spoil the rest.

Review: This book was not quite as exciting as I was expecting it to be. The first portion of the book was her repeating things over and over again. Her father liked the government, now let me tell you a million times why. I was an educated women, and since apparently we can't take her word for it, she has to prove it in a hundred million different ways. I thought things were actually going to lighten up when Marius entered the scene, but he quickly disappeared. Then it got interesting when he reappeared, but then he got very sulky and dull. Then the book got boring again. The End. There was a couple of interesting moments, but over all I wasn't too impressed by the novel. This is my first Anne Rice read, and I know a lot of people like her. Taking this into account I'm assuming not all her books are this dull.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pandora.