Chris's Reviews > You Don't Want to Know

You Don't Want to Know by Lisa Jackson

Nov 17, 13

bookshelves: lisa-jackson
Read from October 28 to November 17, 2013

** spoiler alert ** another revewiwer
ON the most part, this is an intriguing read, with a lot of characters to suspect and a couple of pretty big red herrings. However, I thought the eventual explanation for Ava's gaslighting / Noah's disappearance was way too far-fetched for me. Khloe being the killer was completely out of left field, with - as far as I can tell - no hints dropped earlier on in the story. And, I'm sorry, but being jealous of your best friend because she dated your ex in high school and then got a nice house that you had to work in is not a good motive for sleeping with her husband and then killing three people to cover that shit up. Also, Wyatt and Jewel-Anne? Really? That seemed completely ridiculous. Why was Wyatt after Ava's money, when it was mentioned earlier on that he was well-off?

Finally, Wyatt's death was completely over-the-top. A flare gun to the face? Seriously? I actually laughed out loud at the sheer ridiculousness of it.

While this review makes it sound like I didn't enjoy the book at all, I actually did - I just thought the resolution left a lot to be desired. Until that point, however, it was a well-written, intriguing mystery.

(On second thought, one more thing: what was on the tapes recorded during Ava's hypnosis sessions? They were mentioned again and again, and Khloe seemed to be under the impression that they were very incriminating on Ava's part, but what was on them was never revealed.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Don't Want to Know.

10/28/2013 marked as: currently-reading