Azza's Reviews > Torn

Torn by Cat Clarke

F 50x66
Aug 06, 12

I don't really know how to assess this book. It was very complex... It's got me into a right mess, it's like someone took the inside of my head and shook it like a tube of M&M's. Countless moments while reading I put the book down and just bathed in my shock. My favorite thing about this book is the fact that it's not predictable. I can normally sniff out the ending a mile off, but this book is definitely in a league of it's own in that venue. However, one of my least favorite things about this book is how Clarke would make it seem like these heavy issues were not that big of a deal. Like when Rae died, no one seemed to batter an eyelid, for some reason that death disturbed me more. I also found the 'romance' in this book incredibly annoying and the 'ghost' too. I also feel like the author took the easy way out by just randomly cutting it towards the end, like a cliffhanger effect; I feel it would've been too difficult to write a proper full ending, since there's no happy way to finish things. Although, it does give you a good think about popularity, so-called friendships and revenge.
Should we judge people by the good in their hearts or the horror of their acts?
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Torn.