Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > Revived

Revived by Cat Patrick

Aug 06, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary, science-fiction-fantasy, suspense-mystery, non-erotic
Read in August, 2011

Originally posted at: http://aurorareviews.blogspot.com/201...

Thanks to a top secret program, some people don't just have one life to live anymore....It's the aid of Revive, an organization that has helped casualties come back; but being revived comes with a price..

Daisy, fifteen, has died numerous times. She's accident prone, and can't seem to stay out of death's grip. Of course, Revive keeps her coming back, but in that instance, it means her life in the town she lives in is over. Time to pack up and move on. Never bother getting used to people, or getting to know then, for one wrong move can lead to another town.

This time it's Nebraska. Things are different here. She begins making friends. Daisy gets a glimpse of what a teenager's normal life could be. She befriends Audrey, and crushes on Audrey's brother, Matt. For once, Daisy feels at home. She allows herself to get attached.

From the outside, it would seem as if Daisy is a normal teenager with teenage issues, but Revived has stripped any sense of normalcy. We get glimpses of life in Daisy's eyes, and the intriguing premise of this book panned out into a thought provoking story. I couldn't put it down! The concept of this story grabbed a hold of my attention and hogged it like a child does a favorite toy! Revived is filled with a mix of science fiction, first time teenage love, and facing the real tragedy of death. The characters are moving, and the plot's twists and turns create a riveting read. The author is surely one to watch in the young adult sci/fi world.

This book is suitable for both young adults and adults just the same. If I may, I recommend this enchanting book to readers! Don't miss Revived!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revived.