Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > I Own the Dawn

I Own the Dawn by M.L. Buchman

Aug 06, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary, action-adventure, non-erotic
Read in July, 2012

Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

I Own the Dawn is not your average action story, it's so much more!

This is the second in the Night Stalkers series, but even though I hadn't read book one, I didn't have a hard time at all catching up with the action. M.L. Buchman writes with eloquence and a feel for emotion that drew me right into the story. The characters are realistic and fun as well as darned good with guns. I loved it.

One thing I really liked about the story was the introduction of Dilya. She adds a dimension of humanity to an otherwise hard topic to deal with. This story takes place during a war. Yes, it's gritty. The truth of the matter is war isn't romantic or pretty. Buchman deals with the topic handily and like I said, with the introduction of Dilya there is an element of what the SOAR group is fighting for - to save humanity, if even in just that small place they happen to be.

The relationship between Kee and Archie is both hot and sweet. From the start, I knew they belonged together. It was just a matter of how they got there. And it was a HOT ride. Totally worth the read.

If you want a book that's packed with emotion and action, then this is the book for you!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Own the Dawn.