Lady Raven RAVE!'s Reviews > Number One Pick

Number One Pick by Annie Gunn

Story: GOOD
Intimacy Level: GOOD (Wanted More)
Enjoyment: GOOD
Length: 6563 kindle /243 pages

This story surprised me. With most books I'm reading, the first few chapters gives me an idea of giving a book a chance, and I'm glad I gave Number One Pick a try. To best sum up this book, It's like the tv show, The Game, but with crazy players and and a hoe-oasis of chicks. Between, wives, girls friends, side pieces in different states, who likes who, and whose jealous of who, the story kept my interest until the last page.

With how the story was summed up by the author, I had an idea how the story would turn out and who would end up with who, but all my predictions were wrong. The author definitely kept me on my toes, and with the revolving door of characters, there really wasn't much of a dull moment. The story follows Cory as he is newly draft in to the NFL. With new money and status, comes problems, women, and more problems. As I read about Cory's life, with some scenes I'm shaking my head thinking, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? But as time goes on he learns about the game and what he wants more. The story also involves Melissa and her husband, Jeremy, as their ever growing problems finally comes between them and involving Cory.

The author gave a lot of characters, but there wasn't so many where you were unable to follow the story. The characters also includes Cory's family. And even though there were a lot, I like that everyone got their happy ending. As for Cory's mom, Eva, nice lady, but when she was calling most of the women sluts, I kept thinking, you should be the last one to talk. After what I read with that scandalous opening in the book's prologue, she should have been quite, but even she found piece with what happen so long ago.

The only thing that confused me was the epilogue involving Marvette, Melissa's friend and her husband, Jason. They were the only ones who didn't get that happy ending (sorry if I spoiled that). Made me wonder if the story will continue because nothing was mention of it continuing. Either way, this was my first book by the author and I'm glad I took a chance. There were a few wording errors, but that didn't bother me, and I did want more physical intimacy between the characters( that's my smutty mind thinking out loud). Apart from that I loved the story and love reading about Cory's life as it unfolds as well as others around him.

4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Number One Pick.