Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter's Reviews > Destructively Alluring

Destructively Alluring by N. Isabelle Blanco

REVIEW COMPLETED AUGUST 9, 2012

My degradation into animal status was on full throttle.

Photobucket

Schmaltzy doesn't even begin to cover it.

DNF when I was 66 % in (no pun intended). Sheesh, please spare me. Excuse me, but I have to say it: is this is a f***ing joke? I know I just did stoop to the author's level. Then again, it's so true. It was f***ing annoying.

I did a word count.

f*ck/f*cked/f*cking etc. = 45 Kindle pages (45 x 4 = 180)

Keep in mind this is only a novella.

Destructively Alluring was a waste of my time and money. The writing is bad and blunt and the characters are incredibly boring and underdeveloped.

Dorian is off the charts jealous, possessive and animalistic. On top of that, he is simply ridiculous, embarrassing and primitive. I have nothing against possessive heroes, however, Dorian's behavior bordered on being psychotic. Yeah, Dorian, I agree. What the f*ck is up with your brain? You said so yourself. And I second your opinion, that's for sure. Read my lips: you are such a d*ck! The nickname baby girl didn't appeal to me either.

During their heavy make out session in Dorian's limo I had to face two animals. A heroine who is growling is a no-go. Demetria acted like Dorian and she started to cuss all the time. Now that bugged the h*ll out of me. Obviously she was the wolf in sheep's clothing. Well, the transition from innocent girl to cursing sailor was a brief one. *shrugs*

Stuff like that (and by stuff I mean one-word, two-word or three-word "phrases") was all over the story:

Hard.

***

Unbridled.

Illogical.

Idiotic.

"Dorian, you're ignoring me again!"

Having a bad flashback while reading the one-word, two-word or three-word "phrases" would be putting it mildly.

What's so special about the author's writing?

"I'm achy…I…" (Baba was imagining the "girl's" high-pitched voice)

I didn't let her finish. My tongue turned brutal, thrusting in and out of her mouth exactly like my dick was dying to thrust in and out of her little pussy. I was being wrecked just imagining how tight she had to be. She was so much smaller than me and there had only been one time before me…

I lifted her, heart thundering inside me and blood punishing my cock. I set her on the desk, thankful it was big as fuck and that my computer wasn't in her way. Demi let me have my way with her, leaning back and pulling me along with her. She spread her legs, causing her skirt to rise way above her knees.

****

If this was insanity, she was the infection that was causing it and I was too ill to fight back any longer. She'd leaked into the crevices of my brain and had taken over my control centers, turning them all against me until every little spark going off between my synapses called for her. The particles of my body had become inflamed, throbbing with the sheer need to claim what they believed belonged to them.

Wow. No comment.

Overall verdict
Sadly, I didn't get anything positive out of this novella. It was utterly tedious and I wanted it to be over. As a matter of fact, I'm a minority here, so don't mind me and give it a try. Maybe you'll love it.
14 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destructively Alluring.

08/08/2012
8.0% " Photobucket
It's kinda schmaltzy so far. I hope this will get better. And I have had a bad flashback when I was reading the three-word phrases. Baba, do not go there...*shudders*" 5 comments

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter (¯`·..·♥Anna♥·..·´¯) wrote: "I am going to start reading this book too :)"

Well, happy reading, Anna!

message 2: by Camille (new)

Camille I got half way through the Amazon sample and turned back. Schmaltzy is exactly right! Plus, the guy's voice read to femininely for me.

message 3: by Camille (new)

Camille too*

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Camille wrote: "I got half way through the Amazon sample and turned back. Schmaltzy is exactly right! Plus, the guy's voice read to femininely for me."

Aha. Thanks for the heads-up, Camille.

message 5: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle [Helen Geek] Thanks for this Baba. I may pass on this one.

Monique ~ Sinfully... Addicted to All Male Romance What a shame sweetie, the reviews seemed so positive. I guess it is good we do not all like the same thing, as the saying goes "one man's trash is another man's treasure"...:D

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter @Michelle & Monique
I will elaborate further when I'll be posting my full review. I am very, very disappointed. I am even more than disappointed. This is freakin' incredible.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Lazy_jeff wrote: "Oh, Baba, I'm so sorry you didn't like it! I hope the next book you'll choose will make you forget this sick feeling :)"

Thanks, Lazy. I hope so too.

message 11: by KatLynne (new)

KatLynne Thanks for this review, Babs! I will pass on this one.

Carrie (Badass, Alpha-male, Cowboy Connoisseur ) I'm sorry you didn't like it. I always appreciate your reviews though. Always honest and to the point :)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter KatLynne wrote: "Thanks for this review, Babs! I will pass on this one."

You're welcome, KatLynne. Again, I'm a minority here. Maybe you'd enjoy it, KatLynne.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Carrie wrote: "I'm sorry you didn't like it. I always appreciate your reviews though. Always honest and to the point :)"

Thanks, Carrie. I appreciate you too. :-)

message 15: by Camille (new)

Camille Wow! And not in a good way! I can just feel how disgusted and traumatised you are. And from that truly reprehensible sample you included, it is no wonder. Apart from being crude (and there are ways to do crude correctly) the writing is just soooo BAD.
I like possessive heroes and dislike cutesy little virginal heroines but these two are over the top. Here's to finding a great book to cleanse your palate.

message 16: by Beatriz (new)

Beatriz Valle Jajaja I love your review! thank you Baba

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Um... I'll be leaving this one alone. Thanks for the heads up, Baba.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Camille wrote: "Wow! And not in a good way! I can just feel how disgusted and traumatised you are. And from that truly reprehensible sample you included, it is no wonder. Apart from being crude (and there are ways..."

I just can't say one good word about this novella, Camille. You know it's the same about the dirty talkers. Yes, I love them if they do it right but if they don't know how to do it, then it's just boring. The writing was very, very bad. Indeed. :-(

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter (¯`·..·♥Anna♥·..·´¯) wrote: "I am with Baba on this one. I didn't like this book either, although I was able to finish it.. Her review is spot on. I couldn't have said it better. I don't recommend this book to anyone. I am sor..."

Thanks, Anna. We are so on the same page here. :-)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Triz wrote: "Jajaja I love your review! thank you Baba"

Thanks, Triz.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Kristen wrote: "Um... I'll be leaving this one alone. Thanks for the heads up, Baba."

You're welcome, Kristen. Don't waste your time and money with this...uh...odd little read.

message 22: by Carisa (new)

Carisa thanks for the review Baba!!

message 23: by Kelly (new)

Kelly I know you told me yesterday this was a DNF, Baba. Now I can see why after reading your review. Looks like things are looking up with you're current book.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Carisa wrote: "thanks for the review Baba!!"

You're welcome, Carisa.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Kelly wrote: "I know you told me yesterday this was a DNF, Baba. Now I can see why after reading your review. Looks like things are looking up with you're current book."

You are right, Kelly. My current read is waaaay better! And I'm really glad.

Stephanie when I read the thrusting tongue part, I was thinking to myself that he is a horrible kissed. I me really who wants mouth fucked by a tongue? ??

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Stephanie**Whats the steam factor** wrote: "when I read the thrusting tongue part, I was thinking to myself that he is a horrible kissed. I me really who wants mouth fucked by a tongue? ??"

I *think* it's always a matter of preference, Stephanie. And there's being rude and rude. It's the same with the dirty talkers. I love them when they know how to do it. I never liked the MC's and I never felt their chemistry. On top of that, I *think* the writing was very bad. And all those factors influenced my rating. And an embarrassing and primitive hero never works for me.

Stephanie I always felt like there was something missing, it was the chemistry between the MC's... However, I do believe there is potential in the writing.

Great review!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Stephanie**Whats the steam factor** wrote: "I always felt like there was something missing, it was the chemistry between the MC's... However, I do believe there is potential in the writing.

Great review!"

Thanks, Stephanie. See? You think there's potential in the writing but I don't see that at all. No worries, that's ok. :-)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Elizabeth wrote: "Soooo, I'm going through my ridiculous backlog of to read I have already on my kindle and me being the giant weirdo I am I look up reviews before I decide what's next. Your self "books everyone lov..."

LOL Elizabeth, I don't know what I can add to my review. Yes. It's very bad. Enough said.

Sarah *Saranghae yo* My god, I read the excerpts..just no. I've only written sex scenes a few times, but even Ican do better. No, HELL YEAH, I can do better!!!!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Sarah *SaranghaeNo* wrote: "My god, I read the excerpts..just no. I've only written sex scenes a few times, but even Ican do better. No, HELL YEAH, I can do better!!!!"

Lol Yeah, it was horrible. Really, really bad. *shudders*

message 33: by Sandra (new)

Sandra The blurb alone sounds like a fanfic I once read. Your review only reinforces that. Thanks for the warning.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Sandra wrote: "The blurb alone sounds like a fanfic I once read. Your review only reinforces that. Thanks for the warning."

You're welcome, Sandra.