Oleta Blaylock's Reviews > The Courage to Love

The Courage to Love by Samantha Kane

Aug 06, 2012

bookshelves: e-books
Read from August 06 to 07, 2012

I read this books some years ago not long after it had released in e-book format. I had never really been interested in m/m romance just like I am not interested in f/f romance. However I received several recommendations from friends that I trusted so I bought the first book. I was hooked. I have read most of the series and enjoyed each one. I had been trying to find a book that would catch my interest. Never mind that I have a TBR pile that would make some libraries envious. So I decided I would re-read these books. It has been sometime since I have read them and I wanted a refresher course on what was going on. The series is about a group of men that fought together in the Peninsula War. These men formed a strong bond to each other so they would survive the horrors of War. This book is about a pair of men that fell in love with a friends wife. They waited on her wondering if they would ever have a chance with her. When the husband died the pair had hoped to finally be able to claim Kate Collier. Well one thing leads to the next and it is several years before they can talk to Kate.

This is a well written and thought out book. I loved the interaction between all the characters. Quite a few of the men that have future books are in this first story. There is a nice mystery and a really vile villain. The reason this book works for me is that there is a third partner and it is a woman. Kate is the glue that bring this group together. She is the one that encourages the men to follow their desires with each other. Ms. Kane writes some very hot sex scenes as well as some scenes that will require tissues. This is a quick read that would be perfect for a flight or a day at the beach.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Courage to Love.

07/23/2013 marked as: read