Bianca's Reviews > Into the Deep

Into the Deep by Lauryn April

Sep 23, 12

Read from September 11 to 16, 2012

I received this book free from Lauryn , in exchange of a honest review. Thank you, Lauryn!

When I first read about this book, I was really excited about it. It sounded like something fresh and I had to read it. So I contacted Lauryn and asked her for a copy for review and I was soooo happy when she said “Yes”! And, belive me, I don’t regret that I did it. This book was AMAZING! I loved it and I want more and more!

The greatest thing about this book is that you can’t find fantasy. No fantasy. At all. Nothing. Just real life and maybe some SF. But if you want something fantasy, go and look at something else. But first, make sure that you grab this book too. You won’t regret, belive me.
This book shows you the real life, exactly how is it. Friends that aren’t really your friends, high school, teenage issues, crushes and so on. If you’ll read this book, you’ll figure out that not everything is what it seems. I learned not to trust all my “friends” and to listen to my instincts.

The story is very original. Even if you think that is a normal YA book, with a popular girl with lots of friends, well, you’re wrong. This is not a superficial book about a girl who has a crush. This is a meaningful book, about a girl whose life changes when she breaks her head and starts to hear everyone’s thoughts. In 300 pages, you will find a lot of secrets, pain, problems and well. Even some love. 
I loved Lauryn’s style-writing. I loved how she described everything so you can picture it in your head. The dialogues are easy to read and that makes the book an easy read. I loved the two main characters and how they are protraited. They are very real, and exactly like two teenagers.

In “Into the Deep” you will find , aslo, action and suspanse. As you read, you will find yourself lost in the action, breathless, very eager to see what will happen next. Loved this thing!

In conclusion, “Into the Deep” is an amazing read, that you all will love. I recommend it with the biggest pleasure!

Ivy is a high school junior with a group of good friends and a crush on a boy who never spoke with her. For starters, I didn’t like her friends. I thought they aren’t “true” friends. And I was right.

After Ivy almost breaks her head, she has a new ability: she can read minds. Yup, you really read that. Ivy can read minds. First, she thought that she’s crazy. But she knows that she really can read minds. Ivy can hear every single thought of somebody near her. In this way, she finds out that her friends aren’t her friends. Christy, one of her “friends”, dates Ivy’s crush, even if she knows that Ivy likes him.
She also meets a guy. Brant. He’s that kind of guy who skips classes, smokes, drinks, but he’s always there for her and he really understands her.Soon, Ivy finds out that she really, really likes this guy. Her friends doesn’t like him and Ivy quarrels with they for Brant. She also decides that she doesn’t want to hang up with them anymore.

But Ivy’s world is turned upside down when she finds out that her dad is cheating on her mom. More, one day at school, she reads someone minds. And what she hears, will horrifies her: someone wants to blow up the school. But who? Ivy and Brant have to figure out who wants them all dead and stop him. Easier said than done.

Do you think that they will find out who wants to blow up the school? Do you wanna know if Brant and Ivy will be a team? Then read the book and find by yourself. :)

“Into the deep” is an amazing read. I recommend it, you will love it!

(Review also posted on my blog: http://bianca2b.wordpress.com)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Deep.

09/13/2012 page 125