Elaina's Reviews > Dirty Blood

Dirty Blood by Heather Hildenbrand

Aug 12, 2012

bookshelves: wolves-tigers-shifters, ya
Read from August 11 to 12, 2012

I really enjoyed this. This was a different spin on the werewolf stories out there. The story pulls you right it and moved along at a fast pace. The writing was really good, the descriptions were just right; enough to get a feel for the world Ms. Hildenbrand created without going overboard. And it definitely left me wanting more and I am off to read book 2 next.

a few negatives for me: some of the secondary characters seemed a bit cliche and underdeveloped, hopefully that will change in the next books. I wasn't crazy about a few of the twilight similarities, and I think SPOILER ALERT:the I love you's were exchanged too early on.

I have to say that I absolutely loved Tara. I think I was mentally high fiving her throughout the story. She was a kick ass heroine who did not need a hero to save her, and I love how even though she was madly in love with Wes and despite his 'dreaminess,' she still would not put up with his mood swings and over-protectiveness. I loved Wes too. He was a great hero, far from perfect, actually, he frustrated me to no end and I was glad Tara stood her ground. But I liked that he wasn't perfect and that I felt frustrated at him right along with Tara. Can't wait to see how things evolve with them.

Looking forward to the next one.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dirty Blood.

Sylvia Oh YAY how are you liking this so far??

Elaina I only just started it, but so far it's very good. I love it when you get to the action right away, it pulls you right in.

Sylvia Yeah that is an excellent way to start off a book...hope you continue to like it :)

Elaina I am on book 2 already. I need to hurry up and finish 2 before Lux 2 comes on out on Tuesday, lol. I ended up really liking it. She writes really well. You Mod girls give the best book recommendations, I totally bookstalk you all, hope you don't mind, lol. :)

Sylvia Glad you loved it and on book 2 already...you are doing better than me LOL

Elaina Only because it was the weekend. I kicked hubby, my daugter and even the dog out, cleaned a little and pretty much read all day, lol.

Sylvia That's awesome wish I could kick my kids out LOL

message 8: by Nancy (new) - added it

Nancy Gibson Thank you for your very helpful review. I am starting this book today.

Elaina Nancy wrote: "Thank you for your very helpful review. I am starting this book today."

You're welcome. :)