Megan's Reviews > Lola and the Boy Next Door

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Aug 06, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult, nook-book

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lola and the Boy Next Door.

Alexandra a 3?!?!?!!?

message 2: by Megan (last edited Aug 06, 2012 05:44PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Megan Welllll.... I loved it while reading it and actually thought Lola was a better defined character than Anna. Also loved the supporting characters here. But the more I read, the more this book had a "been there, done that" feel to it, you know? The story was cute & Cricket made my heart pitter-patter but... I hate that Max conveniently turned into a douche bag, that Cricket *always* took Lola's shit, that Lola (at 17!) was self-aware enough to avoid a rebound relationship, and that even the difficult relationships ended up easy-peasey.

Not to say I disliked it... reading it was totally a five star experience, but when it was all over it seemed a little lacking.

Alexandra hm. i see your point. but it was so cute!!! lol

i always rate books based upon my experience while reading them. if a book is really well written, usually that helps bump up my rating slightly but if i didn't enjoy myself, ppppptthhh. (that was me sticking out my tongue)

Megan Yes, it was cute :) That is what saved it for me. Lola one had the potential to be so much more, and a much deeper book than Anna, so it left me just a little let down at the end. Despite being grumpy I can't wait until Isla and the Happily Ever After