Megan's Reviews > Lola and the Boy Next Door

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lola and the Boy Next Door.

Alexandra a 3?!?!?!!?

message 2: by Megan (last edited Aug 06, 2012 05:44PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Megan Welllll.... I loved it while reading it and actually thought Lola was a better defined character than Anna. Also loved the supporting characters here. But the more I read, the more this book had a "been there, done that" feel to it, you know? The story was cute & Cricket made my heart pitter-patter but... I hate that Max conveniently turned into a douche bag, that Cricket *always* took Lola's shit, that Lola (at 17!) was self-aware enough to avoid a rebound relationship, and that even the difficult relationships ended up easy-peasey.

Not to say I disliked it... reading it was totally a five star experience, but when it was all over it seemed a little lacking.

Alexandra hm. i see your point. but it was so cute!!! lol

i always rate books based upon my experience while reading them. if a book is really well written, usually that helps bump up my rating slightly but if i didn't enjoy myself, ppppptthhh. (that was me sticking out my tongue)

Megan Yes, it was cute :) That is what saved it for me. Lola one had the potential to be so much more, and a much deeper book than Anna, so it left me just a little let down at the end. Despite being grumpy I can't wait until Isla and the Happily Ever After